Abilities Centre is a charitable organization that delivers enriching sports, arts, music, and life skills opportunities for all ages and abilities within a 125,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility.
Since opening its doors in June 2012, Abilities Centre has fused barrier-free navigation and access with inclusive and innovative programs. As an International Centre of Excellence, Abilities Centre serves local, national, and international communities by providing resources and research tools that promote inclusivity and accessibility.
At the heart of Abilities Centre, are the people whose lives are changed as a result of the friendly and welcoming environment. Every day Abilities Centre helps people lose weight, increase mobility, follow their passions, and connect with their community.
Abilities Centre will enrich the quality of life for individuals of all ages and abilities through an inclusive environment.
- Abilities Centre will, through research and development, endeavour to educate and inform all people on the need to celebrate the diverse backgrounds and conditions from which we all come.
- Abilities Centre will provide an environment of equality and understanding, enhancing the lives of people of all abilities, setting the standard by which all future facilities will be held.
- Abilities Centre will serve as an International Centre of Excellence in providing the framework for changing the social fabric of society and the way in which we view the integration of people of all abilities.
- In equal access for all citizens of our community
- We learn how to relate to one another, not by being seperated, but by being together
- We will raise the level of discourse about full inclusion and how to achieve it
- We will be a model for the country and beyond about how to operationalize full inclusion and how to achieve it
- We can reflect true Canadian values of equality, acceptance, compassion, and respect for the dignity and worth of everyone
Abilities Centre's state-of-the-art amenities and world-class partnerships provide limitless programming opportunites.
View the Abilities Centre Charter of Rights in PDF format