Every year Abilities Centre holds multiple events open to all members and even many free events for the public! Contact us about any event you might have interest in! We look forward to celebrating with yo
Abilities Centre Arts Cafe!
Most of us have heard of America's Got Talent and all of those other reality shows, but what about the talent right here in Whitby? On December 15, 2014 the Abilities Centre is opening up its doors to shine the spotlight on the immense talent right here in our own backyard! Feel free to stop by or perform at our Arts Cafe located in the Abilities Centre's Theatre!!!! The event runs 7pm-8pm and is free for the whole family! There is no need to pre-register....just bring your talent! Hope to see you all there!!!
Date: December 15, 2014
Where: Abilities Centre Theatre
FREE for members and non-members
BIGGEST LOSER ULTIMATE BOOTCAMP!!!
(Challenge begins Tuesday, January 13th ends Thursday, February 19th, 2015)
Do you think you have what it takes to join our Biggst Loser Bootcamp Team Challenge? Come join our Certified Personal Trainers and let them put you through the best challenge you have ever done! Put together your team of 5 challengers with at least one non-member in your team for a fun and exciting team challenge for 2015. BONUS OFFER: Sign up and you will be registered for our "FREE" one hour nutritional seminar on Wednesday January 7th at 7pm.
When: Tuesday's & Thursday's from 7:00-8:00pm
Cost: $100.00/members and non-members
6 weeks of training twice a week!!!!
1. This is a team challenge, so each team member will participate and each team MUST have 5 participants in total with at least ONE non-member on your team.
2. All teams must be registered with a team name (be creative)
3. All team members must weigh in a week before the challenge begins. (This will take place in the fitness room)
4. All team members must be registered and paid in full before the session starts.
5. Fancy dress is optional (team spirit goes a long way in a challenge)
6. Biggest loser team that loses the most weight as a % of their initial weight will be declared the winner of the cash prize.
7. Cash prize wil be a 50/50 split of the total amount of money in the pot. This will be totaled on the first night and all teams will know how much money they are competing for.
***Each team challenger will be in charge of having their weigh in done ONE week before the session starts. Please see dates and times below.
- Tuesday, January 6th, 2015 (6pm-8pm)
- Wednesday, January 7th. 2015 (9am-11am)
- Thursday, January 8th, 2015 (6pm-8pm)
- Saturday, January 10th, 2015 (9am-11am)
REGISTRATION OPENS ON DECEMBER 20TH, 2014 AND WILL CLOSE ON MONDAY, JANUARY 12TH, 2016!!!!
ATTENTION! - IGNITING FITNESS POSSIBILITIES
A new program is coming to the Abilities Centre in January! It's called, "Igniting Fitness Possibilities, Quickstart." In partnership with Holland Bloorview and U of T, this program will help encourage youth to be more physically active. Participants will be able to develop their sports skills, lead co-operative games and make new friends. The program targets youth in grades 6-8 who are not involved in organized sports programs.
All abilities welcome!
Spaces are limited.
Contact Cathleen Edwards at the Abilities Centre for more information.
905-665-8500 EXT 105