You Belong Here
There is something for everyone at Abilities Centre, Whitby's newest state-of-the-art community centre. Inside, you'll have access to a range of inclusive sports, arts, research and life skills classes and workshops. No matter what your abilities may be, we'll help you find the class and activity that's right for you.
Become a member and join a vibrant and inclusive community, that embraces people of all abilities, ages, genders, and ethnicities.
Why should you join?
Click here for more info (PDF)
- Complimentary Fitness Assessment
- Access to group fitness classes
- Certified and formally trained staff (they're friendly too!)
- Reduced rates on rental spaces, special programs and signature events
- VIP invitation to networking and educational sessions
- Front-of-the-line volunteer opportunities
- Updates on the latest in research news, developments, and programs
NEW! Spring/Summer Program Schedule (Effective April 29th)
FULL FACILITY MEMBERSHIPS
Annual Memberships (12 month)
Adult (22 years+)
Couple (2 adults,
Family (1-2 adults
+ 1-3 Youth/Children
ages 3-19 years)
Senior (60+ years)
Senior Couple (60+years)
Young Adult (16-21 years)
Youth/Child (6-14 years)
Pre-School (3-5 years,
joining with adult)
Toddler (less than 3
years, joining with adult)
Applies to (Annual) Membership Fees
- All Annual Memberships will be subject to a one-time Building Fee of $85.00
- Monthly rates based on unlimited use of the facility
- All fees are exclusive of HST charges
- Single day guest passes are available for $12/day
- Monthly payment plans are available for all full memberships.
Student Summer Membership (May 1-August 31, 2013)
12-14 years $144 (tax exempt)
15-21 years $160 +tax
22+ years $224 +tax
*with proof of full time studies
- Building Fee charges will be waived.
- Memberships will be good from May 1st – August 31st each year
- Membership rate is pro-rated based on the month you sign up
- Membership fees must be paid in full at the start of your membership
- Applicants must provide a valid student identification card for proof of eligibility
MEMBERSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (MAP)
We believe in encouraging and embracing an inclusive environment for people of all ages and abilities. While we expect those who can afford to pay for a full membership to do so, we also understand that for some there may be financial barriers that could affect one's ability to join. We encourage those experiencing financial hardship to apply under Abilities Centre Membership Assistance Program. In order to qualify, each applicant will be asked to provide documentation so that a financial assesment can be made and eligibility can be determined.
Due to the fact each person's financial circumstances are different, every application will be reviewed individually and a determination of eligibility will be made from the facts provided. If you're interested in hearing more
MAP, click here to view the Membership Assistance Brochure. Ready to apply? Click here for the application form.
Certified Personal Training
Our personal trainers are certified fitness professionals who will keep you educated, accountable, and motivated each time you meet them.Download the Personal Training Rates flyer
Free Fitness Assessment
Through a FREE fitness assessment, we will introduce you to our state of the art equipment and amenities, discuss your goals, exercise history, and learn more about you.
Abilities Centre membership payments are applied montly, and a year from the day you start, your membership is automatically renewed. You have the option of ending your contact at any time, as long as you provide proper notification to our membership department.
Buy a Membership Now!