You Belong Here
There's something for everyone at Abilities Centre, Whitby's newest state-of-the-art community centre. Inside Abilities Centre, you'll have access to a range of inclusive sports, arts, research and life skills classes and workshops. No matter what your abilities may be, we'll help you find the class and activity that's right for you.
Become a member of Abilities Centre, and join a vibrant and inclusive community that embraces people of all abilities, ages, genders and ethnicities!
Why should you join?
- complimentary Fitness Assessment
- access to group fitness classes
- Certified and formally trained staff (they're friendly too!)
- reduced rates on rental spaces, special programs and signature events
- VIP invitation to networking and educational sessions
- front-of-the-line volunteer opportunities
- updates on the latest in research news, developments and programs
FULL FACILITY MEMBERSHIPS
Annual Memberships (12 month) - Pay in Full and save!
Adult (22+ years)
Couple (2 adults,
Family (1-2 adults and
ages 3-19 years)
Senior (60+ years)
Senior Couple (60+years)
Young Adult (16-21 years)
Youth/Child (6-15 years*)
Pre-School (2-5 years)
Pre-school memberships must be purchased with an adult membership.
Applies to (Annual) Membership Fees
- All Annual Memberships are subject to a one-time Building Fee of $85.00.
- Monthly rates are based on unlimited use of the facility.
- All fees are exclusive of HST charges.
- Single day guest passes are available for $12/day.
- Monthly payment plans are available for all full memberships. We also have 3 and 6-month memberships available - ask our Welcome Desk for more information!
- *No HST for memberships for youth ages 6-14 years.
MEMBERSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (MAP)
We believe in encouraging and embracing an inclusive environment for people of all ages and abilities. While we expect those who can afford to pay for a full membership to do so, we also understand that for some there may be financial barriers that could affect one's ability to join. We encourage those experiencing financial hardship to apply under Abilities Centre Membership Assistance Program. In order to qualify, each applicant will be asked to provide documentation so that a financial assessment can be made and eligibility can be determined. Due to the fact each person's financial circumstances are different, every application will be reviewed individually and a determination of eligibility will be made from the facts provided.
If you're interested in hearing more about MAP, click here to view the Membership Assistance Brochure and Application.
Certified Personal Training
Our personal trainers are certified fitness professionals who will keep you educated, accountable, and motivated each time you meet them.
Download the Personal Training Rates flyer
Free Fitness Assessment
Through a FREE fitness assessment, we'll introduce you to our state-of-the-art equipment and amenities, discuss your personal goals and exercise history, and learn more about you.
Abilities Centre membership payments are applied monthly. One year from the day you start as a member, your membership is automatically renewed. You have the option of ending your contract at any time as long as you provide proper notification to our Membership Department.
Buy a Membership Now!