Abilities Centre is pleased to offer an exciting new employment preparedness training program for young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) called EmploymentWorks Canada.
EmploymentWorks Canada (EWC) is a newly designed program that offers employment preparedness training for individuals ages 15-29 with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), who are seeking opportunities to practice and develop the essential skills necessary to obtain sustainable employment.
Individual goals are targeted through a series of structured learning and development activities; exposure to varying workplace settings and teams; and the application and practice of skills through peer mentor support. EWC addresses various areas of employment preparedness training, including self-development, social and communication skills, life skills and confidence building.
THE EWC PROGRAM HAS BEEN DESIGNED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING THEMES:
● Knowing Myself as a Working Person (What are my strengths and interests? What is my plan of action?)
● Engaging in the Culture of Employment (What does the boss want? How to overcome challenges?)
● Building My Skills for Employment (How to network; developing social thinking skills)
To Find out more about the program, Contact Cathleen Edwards, Program Supervisor at 905-665-8500 ext. 117 or via e-mail at email@example.com
Registration for the next session:
- Registration is now open for the Spring 2018 Session
- Deadline to register is April 12th, 2018
- Program will begin May, 2018