Thank you for your interest in employment with Abilities Centre. We appreciate your desire to help us build a place where people of all ages and abilities can get active, social and creative! We invite you to check this section of our website frequently, as we may post openings throughout the year or as our requirements grow.
Below, you will find our job postings (as available). If you are interested in summer student positions, please be sure to read the following with care; others can skip to the listing section "Open Positions."
Summer Student Positions:
The Abilities Centre’s goal is to offer our summer students the best possible experience, competitive hourly pay and a contract duration that will accommodate the needs of both parties (employee and employer) during the summer season.
Major funding for our summer employment positions is provided by the Government of Canada. As a result, each Canda Summer Jobs (CSJ) summer position start and end date could be subject to change, pending funding approval. We will receive confirmation of the exact duration of your CSJ summer employment at the beginning of May, at which time we will promptly update all applicants.
We ask that you please be mindful of the following 5 questions below to ensure you will successfully pass the application process.
- If you answer NO to any of these questions we will unfortunately not be able to process your application.
- If you answer YES to all 5 questions below and apply but do not receive our automated confirmation email recognizing your application has been successfully submitted, please contact Arnetia Findlay – Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Student Eligibility Questions:
- Are you between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment (May/June 2018)?
- Were you registered as a full-time student during the previous academic year (2017-2018)?
- Do you intend to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year (2018-2019)?
- Are you a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act?
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations?
*Important Note for Applicants*
To ensure fairness amongst all applicants, Human Resources will only contact applicants regarding next steps after the given deadline provided on the job posting.
Best of luck to all applicants and thank you again for your interest in the Abilities Centre!
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Abilities Centre is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.